AHG Professional Membership
Members in the Professional Member category have had their credentials evaluated by the Admissions Committee through our rigorous Admissions Review Process.
This level of membership is open to herbalists from all traditions. Applicants for the Registry must complete the AHG application, submit a personal and professional biography, meet the AHG minimum professional requirements of at least four years of training and clinical experience, provide three letters of reference from practitioners in the field of botanical medicine, and three comprehensive case histories. Upon acceptance, professional members may use the designation Registered Herbalist, RH (AHG).
All of our professional members receive:
- AHG Membership Voting Privileges (individual members)
- RH (AHG) Credential
- Certificate of Professional Membership
- a subscription to the Journal of the American Herbalists Guild
- a subscription to our electronic newsletter, Guild News and Views
- discounts to the Annual Symposium
- Free Access to the AHG Webinar Series including 6 free webinars a year
- FREE! Unlimited on-line access to past issues of the JAHG and to a growing library of recorded lectures from AHG conferences and seminars
- Access to Professional Liability Insurance
- 10% discount at Frontier Natural Products Coop and Mountain Rose Herbs
- Promote Your Practice in AHG’s Find an Herbalist National Locator Service
- Promote your lectures in the AHG Speaker’s Bureau
In addition, professional members are eligible to serve on the Governing Council and to serve as corporate officers of the AHG.
You can watch this webinar on How to Become an AHG Professional Member here:
Becoming an AHG Professional Member, a webinar with Michael Tierra and Althea Northage-Orr, members of the AHG Professional Admissions Review Committee.
All AHG professional members are required to engage in ongoing continuing education and to report their CE hours every two years.
To download a full description of the AHG Continuing Education requirements for professional members, click here.