To the AHG Community,
With great pleasure, we announce the 34th Annual AHG Symposium, to be held October 13 to 16, 2023, at the YMCA of the Rockies, in Granby, Colorado.
As we kick off preparations, we invite our members to submit proposals to speak at the upcoming Symposium.
Because the success of our Symposium depends on the diverse contributions of our members and others in the herbal community, we encourage you to submit a proposal whether you are a seasoned or a first-time presenter. When scoring and choosing proposals, we give preference to Registered Herbalists (RH), second to all other AHG members, and finally to non-members. If you are not currently an AHG member, we invite you to join now!
This year's theme is Preserving Herbal Legacies. Proposals that address our theme and any topics related to botanical medicine in clinical practice are requested. We also welcome proposals for plant walks. All proposals should specify whether they are geared toward general, intermediate, or advanced audiences.
And don't forget that we are also interested in interactive and technology-free proposals. These sessions focus on herbalism's energetic and sensual dimension through hands-on activities, and engaged, interactive learning. If you have an idea for a proposal that meets these criteria, we'd love to see it!
While we are aware that Covid-19 is still a challenge, neither AHG nor the YMCA of the Rockies has specific restrictions or requirements in place at this time. We ask everyone to practice social distancing whenever possible and observe good hygiene to prevent the spreading of any contagious disease.
The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, March 3, 2023. We'll notify you if your proposal has been accepted by Friday, March 17, 2023.
A special note to anyone who presented at the 2022 AHG Symposium. You are not eligible to submit again this year. However, we make an exception for anyone with extensive expertise related to the theme of this year's Symposium. All 2022 presenters will receive details about using their Speaker Discount to register for this year's Symposium before registration opens.
We look forward to offering a wide range of creative and diverse topics again this year, and we hope you'll share your expertise by submitting a proposal!
You are also invited to promote your herbal business as a sponsor. We offer a wide range of sponsor rates to fit every budget. Sponsors receive many fantastic benefits and direct exposure to a targeted audience of herbalists. Click here for the details.
Scroll down for more details about how to submit your proposal.
Questions about submitting a proposal? Please email us.
Hope to see you in October!
Patricia Kyritsi Howell, RH(AHG)
AHG Academic Coordinator
for AHG Symposium Working Group
The proposal submission deadline is Friday, March 3, 2023. Proposals received after this date will not be considered. We will notify you by March 17, 2023, on the status of your proposal.
All sessions are 1.5 hours long. We encourage PowerPoint when appropriate.
- Honorarium ($250 per class) Presenters are responsible for lodging and travel costs, including transportation and meals. This year, a meal plan is included with lodging at the YMCA.
- Presenter Promotion Package, which includes:
- Your name, photo, and bio on our Presenter webpage, with a link to your website
- Your name included on the event flyer and official symposium invitation
- Recognition in the AHG Symposium Newsletter and on the AHG Facebook page
- Retail sales and/or your information at the Speaker Showcase at Symposium.
We welcome topics that address one or more of the following areas:
- Experience as a contemporary science-based clinician
- Experience as a clinician in a traditional system of herbal medicine
- Honors or explores the herbal legacy that informs and shapes current herbal practices
- Independent research in a novel or unique area of focus
- Provides specific clinical skills that would be useful to other practitioners.
- Covers approaches that are not commonly found in available print or other sources.
- Information is supported by traditional medicine, solid scientific evidence, or practitioner experience.
- Reflects AHG Mission and Values.
How to Submit Your Proposal:
You may submit up to three lecture proposals using our online submission form. Proposals should be submitted online here.
Please email us if you do not receive a confirmation email within three days of submitting your proposal. We can only guarantee receipt of proposals that receive a confirmation email.