AHG is currently seeking to add two to three new members to the Admissions Review Advisory Committee who have extensive experience as Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners. To qualify for an appointment applicants must meet these criteria:
- Been an RH member in good standing for a minimum of five consecutive years before joining the ARAC.
- Have extensive training and experience as clinical practictioner using Traditional Chinese Medicine assessment,
- Have a minimum of five years of active clinical practice after receiving their RH membership.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a clinical mentor in either a training program or in one-to-one mentoring with student practitioners
- Able to commit to three 2-hour ARAC meetings per year (prescheduled).
- Skilled at working with digital programs, specifically the SlideRoom application used to review and score AHG Registered Herbalist applications. Note: SlideRoom training is part of new member orientation.
- Willing to commit to a term of three years of volunteer service on the committee.
- Agree to strictly adhere to confidentiality about all ARAC matters.
Other important details and how to be considered as a member of the ARAC.
A few details about the Committee's composition: the total number of ARAC members is 10-12 people that includes members with specialized training in each of these areas, Western Herbalism, Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, and other traditions.
ARAC members must commit to serve a minimum of three years or nine review cycles. While all members serve as volunteers on the Committee and do not receive any compensation for their contribution, AHG will reimburse Committee members a maximum of $25 per review cycle to cover the cost of printing hard copies of the applications.
Should a member need to step down before their three-year term ends, we ask that, if possible, members agree to give us notice one review cycle before resigning.
We invite any RH member who meets the criteria and is interested in serving on the Committee to contact Admissions@americanherbalistsguild.com with a short email telling us why they are interested in serving on the Committee along with their CV or resume. Bevin Clare, ARAC chair, and Patricia Kyritsi Howell, ARAC Coordinator, will schedule an interview.